Lesson 1: History in Genetics
Expert: Ségolène Aymé
ICM Brain and Spine Institute Hôpital de la Pitié-Salpêtrière
ICM Brain and Spine Institute Hôpital de la Pitié-Salpêtrière, Paris, France.
Ségolène is a medical geneticist deeply involved in promoting and shaping genetic services in Europe.
She acted as president of the French Society of Human Genetics, of the European Society of Human Genetics (ESHG) and of the International Federation of Human Genetic Societies.
She established and chaired the Public and Professional Policy Committee of the ESHG for 10 years.
- To understand the perception of genetic determinism in medicine over time
- The evolution of technologies to explore the genome
- Patient and family needs and the response to them through history
- Genetic services in Europe and beyondÂ : diversity of approaches
- The power and the limits of our current knowledge and attitude compared to the past one